Summer Course “International Labour Migration in a Shifting World: New Insights and Policy Challenges" will be held from 6 to 17 August 2018. Summer course material covers:
- Theories and Concepts
- Migration Issues in USA, Europe, Africa, Southeast Asia, and Indonesia
- Empowerment and Protection
The summer course material also includes two types of field activities: field work and excursions.
By submitting a motivational letter to the summer course, you agree to adhere to summer course policy, which specifies that all summer course participants must participate in all stages, materials, and activities. In addition, all participants must complete all necessary documents.
Call for Motivational Letters
We have created this summer course as a medium for people with an interest in the issue of international migration to deepen and enrich their knowledge of the issue. Please read the following guidelines carefully before submitting your motivational letter:
- Motivational letters can only be submitted online via our website www.icsc2018.id ; submissions by fax, post, or email will not be considered.
- Motivational letters must include letters of recommendation from two references.
- All motivational letters and letters of recommendation must be written in English.
- It is each participant’s responsibility to submit a correct motivational letter. Any errors in spelling, grammar, or fact in the motivational letter text will be reproduced as received.
- For technical questions regarding the motivational letter submission system, please contact the registration team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Policies for Abstract Submission
Ethical Motivational Letters and Letters of Recommendation
The summer course programme will only facilitate participants who have a strong desire and motivation to learn about international migration and are willing to follow all the learning stages. Summer course organisers will consider participants based on submitted motivational letters and letters of recommendation. Make sure motivational letters really describe you. Make sure the letters of recommendation are really made / written by your referrers. Summer course organisers will not tolerate any manipulation of motivational letters and/or letters of recommendation.
Motivational Letter Submission Process
Before submitting an abstract, each participant must create an account and complete a personal information form. All documents can be submitted on the summer course page. The final deadline to submit motivational letter is 1 June 2018, 23:59 West Indonesia Time.
Motivational Letter Structure
Motivational letters should include the following information:
- Information about your personality and prior experiences that will make you a good fit for the programme.
- What you hope to learn as a result of participating in the programme.
- Steps you are taking to prepare for the programme and express interest.
The following review criteria will be used in scoring received motivational letters:
- Is there clear information about the potential participant's personality, experiences, motivations, and expectations?
- Are all supporting documents complete?
A standard font, e.g. Arial, should be used when formatting the text. This helps prevent special characters from getting lost when copying text to the online submission form. Check the final motivational letter using the system’s preview function before submission, and edit or replace as necessary.
There is no limit to the number of words, but make sure the motivational letter is no longer than two pages.
Common Reasons for Motivational Letter Rejection:
- Motivational letter poorly written;
- Insufficient information.
- If English is not your native language, we recommend that you have your motivational letter reviewed by a native speaker before submission.
Motivational Letter Review and Selection Process
Motivational Letter Selection and Review
All motivational letters submitted to the summer course organisers will be reviewed and selected by Summer Course Review Committee (SRC).
Announcement of Acceptance
Accepted summer course participants will be announced on 28 June 2018.
Motivational letter submissions
From 10 April 2018 to
15 June 2018, 23:59 Western Indonesia Time
No motivational letters will be accepted after this date
Contact the Registration Team